The main focus of this role is to lead helpdesk support team and provide user support for the SMI employees and consultants in different project sites of SMI offices.
Provide and maintain reliable, responsive Information Technology (IT) systems; deliver effective IT services, in terms of cost, service level and sustainability; assist with the improvement of ICT systems in compliance to SMI standards and IT common systems; and provides IT initiaitives that add value to the business.
This is a regular role based in Polomolok, South Cotabato.
Specific Personal Accountabilities:
Sustainable Development Standards – Ensure effective implementation of the project’s sustainable development standards and systems within own area of responsibility to positively contribute to nurturing the organization’s culture on sustainable development.
Safety – Ensure safe work environment and safe work conduct in own area of responsibility.
Environment – Ensure area of responsibility does not contribute any environmental incident and ensure minimal consumption of resources in the day-to-day operations of ICT.
Security – Assists in ensuring a security plan is in place in every out of routine activity especially for critical areas.
– Provides technical analysis, implements, innovates, and supports the day to day operations of SMI IT core systems and servers (including cloud and outsourced services).
– Takes the lead in physical and logical security of ICT assets and compile an accurate register of all hardware and software assets to ensure accuracy in all laptops, desktops, printers, UPS, mobile phones and users’ accountability.
– Evaluates Helpdesk tasks and activities and establish priorities based on internal helpdesk SLAs.
– Provides guidance and technical assistance to internal staff when troubleshooting IT and business systems issues, with the ability to identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention.
– Ensures SAP and other client applications are running optimally with issues being addressed efficiently.
– Installs, diagnose, repairs, maintains, and upgrades PC hardware, software and other IT related equipment to ensure optimal workstation performance.
– Provides ICT services induction to level 1 newly hired employees.
– Acquire and maintain knowledge of relevant product offerings, current support policies, and methods of support delivery, in order to provide technically accurate solutions to users.
– Provide onsite and remote technical assistance, when necessary
– Install, diagnose, repair, maintain and upgrade PC/Laptop hardware, software and other IT related equipment.
– Administers servers and systems application where applicable to the role.
– Contribute to any local and global ICT work related that may be assigned.
– Responsible in all laptops, desktops, printers, UPS, repair maintenance, asset management and users accountability.
Reporting and Documentation
– Accurately log all support activities by Helpdesk
– Develop and maintain operational, configuration, or other procedures where necessary.
– Maintain ICT tracker related to hardware inventory, contract and cost related reports.
• BS Information Technology or Computer Science
• Minimum of five (5) years of practical experience in supporting and resolving enterprise grade ICT infrastructure.
• Experience in resolving technical issues with servers, PCs and peripheral devises and telephony devices and technologies.
• Experience in resolving issues with LAN and other network components.
• Very good understanding of Microsoft products.
• Strong independent analysis and problem-solving skills.
• Strong customer service orientation.
• Effective interpersonal and communication skills.
• Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to both technical and non-technical end-users.
For additional details and other vacancies, interested applicants are directed to visit www.smi.com.ph. Resume and application letter may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title. 31 March 2024