The position is a support provisions on management accounting, providing accurate and timely reports to internal and external users of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project’s Financial Reports. Responsible for collating annual budgets and support departments in budget preparation. Responsible to provide technical support and work with cost controls for the Resettlement Team, Land Acquisition, PED projects and other major initiatives.
This is a regular role based in Polomolok, South Cotabato.
Specific Personal Accountabilities:
1. Sustainable Development Standards - Ensure compliance and active participation to SMI’s safety, health and environment policies and procedures creating a positive culture reflected in business outcomes
2. Internal Controls Compliance - Ensure appropriate corporate governance and commercial controls are complied with to protect SMI’s fiduciary interests.
3. Management Accounting
• Provide financial reports that are useful to Superintendents/Managers, providing them with sound basis in making informed business decisions, allowing them to be better equipped in their management and control functions of their activities and budget.
• Provide month-end reports and monthly cost analysis for cost control and budget monitoring.
• Provide cost report every 3rd week of the month to specific department for initial cost review.
• Provide final cost report and variance analysis to be used by Superintendent or Managers on the 5th day every after end of the month to plan, evaluate, control with in his/her activity/budget.
• Consolidate Finance KPI monthly report
• Ensure full confidentiality and prudence in all documents
4. Budgets - collate annual budgets; provide support to departments in budget preparation (historical costs, price assumptions)
5. Customer /Stakeholders satisfaction – Continuous improvement of services to provide client satisfaction
• Graduate of BS Accountancy
• Preferably Certified Public Accountant
• Minimum 5 years work experience in cost management
• Experience in Cost management, variance analysis and cost control and a range of finance functions preferably from a professional office
• Well-versed in cost management, variance analysis and cost control and a range of finance functions preferably from a professional office
• Computer literate and with knowledge and experience in using integrated accounting packages
• Ability to plan own work, set priorities and complete it under pressure
• Must be good in organisational skills, promotes health and safety at work, good customer service orientation, highly numerate, and attention to detail
• Ability to use own initiative and be proactive in suggesting improvements to systems and procedures
For additional details and other vacancies, interested applicants are directed to visit www.smi.com.ph. Resume and application letter may also be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating the position title. 15 January 2023