This role will assist the Resettlement Supervisor for Infrastructure in the conduct of field surveys to ensure completion of necessary reconnaissance and topographic survey of raw lands for resettlement site acquisition and development. Conduct special survey works required before and during the construction of resettlement housing for households affected by Phase 1 of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project. Participate and assist in the successful implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for Phase 1 of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project.
This is a project employment based in Tampakan, South Cotabato.
• Sustainable Development Practices – Provide direct and visible leadership within own area of responsibility through the effective use of the project’s SD standards and systems and demonstrate compliance with the Company’s SD policies, procedures, and standards in all work activities and ensure that resettlement programs, systems, and processes have a positive impact on the project’s culture on sustainable development.
• Resettlement Programs – Supports the Resettlement Supervisor for Infrastructure in the successful implementation of the resettlement sustainable development plan for the communities affected by the land acquisition activities and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for Phase 1 of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project. To facilitate the implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for Phase 1, the Technical Surveyor shall perform tasks and duties, which shall include, but are not limited to the following:
a. Conduct a reconnaissance survey to validate the actual location of mine-related facilities in order to identify which houses/infrastructures shall be affected.
b. Conduct detailed site inspection to finalize the location of resettlement sites for the affected communities within Final Mine Area (FMA)
c. Conduct reconnaissance survey and topographic survey on identified resettlement sites for acquisition and land development
d. Established layout of road and drainage network for resettlement sites’ land development
e. Established layout of resettlement housing units to be constructed and other special survey works required during the construction period
f. Established layout of boreholes and test pits for soil testing
g. Perform other task or duties related to his/her roles within the team.
• Managing Resettlement Sustainability Programs – Supports the delivery of sustainable livelihood restoration projects for Project Affected Persons (PAPs) to be resettled by providing technical assistance to the Resettlement Teams’ Community
Development Section. Support and assist in the successful implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for Phase 1 of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project by conducting a reconnaissance survey, and topographic survey of land for resettlement site acquisition and development and other special survey works required before and during the construction period of resettlement housing.
• Compliance – Ensure all the programs and activities involved during the acquisition and development of resettlement sites which are needed in the preparation and implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) are in alignment with the FPIC – MOA if it involves the IPs and the LGU MOA or agreements for Non-IP PAPs. Ensure timely and accurate submission of documents, like land survey data for resettlement sites, reconnaissance map, topographic map, sketch plan, structure survey plan, progress/accomplishment reports, site inspection reports, and other documents for submission internally and to the top management. Adhere to all relevant legal rules and regulations and review local zoning codes during the valuation process.
• Internal Support – Provide Internal support and services, like technical support needed and as required by the Community Relations Department and the rest of the departments in SMI.
• Cost Management and Accountability – Ensure prudent and judicious use of the company’s resources without compromising the delivery of quality products and output in the most effective and efficient way.
• College Degree, preferably in Geodetic Engineering, or other related disciplines with a valid license.
• With experience in surveying and knowledge of the latest surveying instrument like GPS-RTK, total station, engineering transit, and aerial drone surveys.
• Experience working in conflict-affected communities, sensitive local stakeholders, complex security, and cultural and socio-political landscape.
• Experience working in the mining or extractive industries sector is highly desirable.
• Computer literate with excellent knowledge in auto civil 3d, google earth pro, global mapper & QGIS, and other related software.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills – fluent in both English and Filipino; preferably able to converse in Visayan or other local dialects.
• Demonstrated planning, organization, coordination, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
• High level of awareness on health, safety, environment, and stakeholder engagement practices and standards
• Skilful in engagement with stakeholders, including local government officials, community leaders, and residents.
• Organizational and Leadership Skills, Honest and reliable
• Works well under pressure, Team player, Able to organize own team.
• Safety champion, Customer focused, Strive for continuous improvement and with Initiative.
• Ability to exercise a high level of confidentiality and deal with individuals at various levels of the organization.
For additional details and other vacancies, interested applicants are directed to visit www.smi.com.ph. Resume and aplication letter may also be sent to email@example.com indicating the position title.