RESETTLEMENT SUPERVISOR-ECONOMIC SUSTAINABILITY
To collect, validate and analyze all the data and costs needed to prepare the entitlement packages of
the Project Affected Persons (PAPs). To help prepare and supervise the payments and signoffs of the
Entitlement Packages for the PAPs of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for Phase 1 of the Tampakan
This is an eleven (11) months project employment based in Tampakan.
• Sustainable Development Standards – Provide direct and visible leadership within own area of
responsibility through the effective use of the project’s SD standards and systems and demonstrate
compliance with the Company’s SD principles, procedures and standards in all work activities and
ensure resettlement programs, systems and processes have a positive impact on the project’s
culture on sustainable development.
• Resettlement Programs – To assist the Resettlement Superintendent in the successful
preparation, execution, management, and supervision of all resettlement-related activities in the
Tampakan Copper-Gold Project's First Phase. A Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) for Phase 1 shall
be established and implemented to ensure that these aims, and objectives are realized. The tasks,
duties and responsibilities of the Resettlement Supervisor shall include, but not be limited to, the
o Determine, consolidate, and finalize the resettlement packages of the Project Affected
o Coordinate and assist the Resettlement Superintendent in securing all necessary
permits and licenses needed by the RAP and the Resettlement Projects Programs and
Activities of the company.
o To coordinate and supervise the payments of the Entitlement packages of all the PAPs.
o To coordinate Security requirements and matters related to the RAP for PHASE 1
implementation, with SMI’s Security Department, PNP, Barangay Tanods and other
law enforcement agencies or authorities.
o To organize and coordinate with the Resettlement Committee (RC) in the
implementation of the RAP for PHASE 1.
o Coordinate with the Community Relations Team and IP Supervisor to optimize all
community development initiatives of the company by synchronizing the SDMP,
ADSDPP and RAP.
o To coordinate and supervise the implementation of the Grievance Redress
o To coordinate and supervise the Monitoring and Evaluation activities for the RAP
implementation, Livelihood Restoration Plan and all plans implemented under the RAP
for PHASE 1.
o Monitoring and Evaluation of the implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan
o Attend meetings, focus group discussion, dialogues and public hearings in relation to
the implementation of the RAP.
o Liaise with concerned IP/ICC leadership and political structures, Local Government
Units, National Government Agencies, Contractors and other concerned stakeholders
o Prepare reports and draft communications related to the RAP.
o Handle issues and concerns in the field, related to the implementation of the RAP
and/or resettlement activities.
o Supervise all staffs and personnel assigned under the position.
• Managing Resettlement Sustainability Programs - Manage the delivery of sustainable projects,
programs and activities catering the resettled populations
o Ensure the preparation and implementation of the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) is
in accordance with local laws and international standards, such as the International
Finance Corporation (IFC).
o Ensure all projects, programs, and activities in the preparation and implementation of
the Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) is in align with the FPIC – MOA if it involves the
IPs and the LGU MOA or agreements for Non – IP PAPs.
o Ensure that the team has efficient controls, monitoring, and coordination processes in
place to manage and sustain effective implementation of the RAP.
o Monitoring and reporting resettlement performance to the Community Relations
Department. Ensure accurate and timely delivery of monthly, quarterly and annual
reports for internal and external reporting purposes.
• Internal Support
o Provide internal support and services, like technical and legal support needed and as
required by the Legal and Compliance Department, and the rest of the departments in
• Cost Management and Accountability
o Ensure prudent and judicious use of the company’s resources without compromising
the delivery of quality products and output in the most effective and efficient way.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business or Entrepreneurship, Public Administration, or a similar
discipline with Master’s degree in Business Management, Entrepreneurship or, Sustainable
Development, Public Administration, or a similar discipline
• With more than Seven (7) years’ experience in social baseline gathering, institutional mapping
and analysis, and in the planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Community
Development projects or sub-projects, programs, and activities.
• With more than Seven (7) years of collective experience in working with Housing or
Resettlement Projects by either the government or any of its agencies, non-government
organizations, or corporations, involved preferably in mineral extraction or in the Energy
• With experience working in conflict-affected communities, sensitive local stakeholders,
complex security, and cultural and socio-political landscapes.
• With technical Expertise in Community Organizing, Resettlement, Implementation of
Livelihood projects, programs and activities, and/or Resettlement’s livelihood restoration
• Ability to interpret, analyze and present data.
• In-depth understanding of policies that affect the PAPs.
• Research skills and the ability to write technical reports and plans.
• Advocacy and networking skills.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Interpersonal and team-building skills
• Knowledge and understanding of social issues and how the public sector work.
• Creative thinking and the ability to solve problems
• With political, social, negotiation skills, Administrative, Office, Organizational, Leadership and
• Honest, Reliable, with commitment and enthusiasm.
• A non-judgmental and positive attitude and can works well under pressure
• Team player, Sincere, patient, tact and the ability to earn the trust of others.
• Safety Champion, Customer focused, Strive for continuous improvement, Strong multi-tasking
skills, with initiative
• Ability to exercise high level of confidentiality and deal with individuals at various levels of the
For additional details and other vacancies, interested applicants are directed to visit www.smi.com.ph.
Resume and aplication letter may also be sent to email@example.com indicating the