FINANCIAL MODELER ANALYST
The role includes development of financial models for mining projects with the purpose of getting approvals from the government and raising capital.
This is a regular position, based in SMI’s office in Manila, reporting directly to the Chief Financial Officer.
1. Sustainable Development Practices – provide direct and visible leadership within area of responsibility through effective use of the project’s SD systems and demonstrate compliance with the company’s SD policies, procedures and standards.
2. Financial Modeler
The development of financial model for the various project phases of the Tampakan Copper Project with an accuracy level of + or – 15% as assessed by international financial institutions;
Responsible for the updating and maintaining of the financial models;
Packaging and/or formatting of the financial models to suit the requirements of the government, debt/equity advisers, equity and debt financiers, etc.
Develop financial models for both short term: Annual Budget and long-term plans: Life of Mine Model.
Conduct benchmarking and process analysis with the Operations team and with information sources within the group to refine assumptions and ensure that the output is subject to a sanity check.
Update and analyse data (budgets, income statement, forecasts etc.) on a monthly basis
Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to reduce costs and improve performance
Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on status and risk(s)
Conduct business studies on past, future and comparative performance as well as develop forecast models.
Identify trends and update the model(s) accordingly, based on sound analysis, and actual information, as it gets recorded in the financial management systems
3. Cost Management – ensure prudence and responsible spending within area of responsibility.
4. Compliance – Ensure compliance to applicable legal and other compliance obligations.
5. Data Management (IMS/Document Control Management) – Comply with prescribed management systems for data and records.
6. Team Membership and Training – Create a positive and harmonious relationship within the team and between internal and external customers.
Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance and Economics course; post graduate credential is an advantage
Experience with financial modelling in a mining environment
Hands on experience with statistical analysis and forecasting.
Proficiency with Microsoft Excel is required; familiarity with data query/data management tools extremely helpful (Access, SQL, Business Objects)
Must possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and be comfortable interacting with executive-level management