Based in Tampakan, this role is tasked to supervise and monitor ongoing site-based projects and ensure that all activities are completed in a safe manner. It will also provide engineering support in the development and implementation of engineering projects under Project Development and help in the review and monitoring of other work packages outside of the department.
1. Sustainable Development Practices – Ensures effective use of the Project’s safety and environment-friendly standards and systems within the work area of responsibility to positively contribute in nurturing the organization’s sustainable development culture.
2. Workplace Culture - Engages and supports relevant customers and peers to help create a performance-driven workplace culture. This includes working cohesively with a multi-disciplinary project team.
3. Leadership - Designs, develops and leads in delivering engineering projects for Tampakan; assesses risks and takes the initiative to make decisions that are acceptable to the organization; properly manages constraints and obstacles and still deliver work in a timely manner
4. Program Management - Assists in the effective implementation of all engineering plans and activities starting from the early works to construction and completion; develops and maintains a culture of inter-departmental coordination to ensure implementation of all engineering activities within the timeline and budget.
5. Compliance and Reportorial Requirements - Establishes controls, monitors and coordinates processes to ensure on-going compliance with relevant internal and external regulations, and meeting reporting requirements.
Monitors and reports engineering performance of all internal and external customers; ensures accurate and timely delivery of required reports for internal reporting purposes; and provides the team with technical study report required to be submitted to the National and Local Government agencies
6. Team Membership – Engages and supports relevant peers in ensuring company’s programs, projects and major activities are effectively implemented to promote a positive and supportive partnership from key stakeholders for the project’s economic sustainability objective and targets.
7. Cost Management – Ensures prudent and responsible cost management of activities within budget framework.
Licensed Civil Engineer with at least 3-5 years’ supervisory experience in engineering, construction and property maintenance
Experience in managing consultants, contractors, and sub-contractors.
Experience in the preparation of work schedules and relative costings prior to work implementation.
Experience in the preparation of technical documents and generation of reports for site-based activities.
Basic knowledge in construction methodologies and current building practices.
Proficiency in computer software and MS Office applications: Ability to generate technical reports (estimates and cost comparison reports for ongoing projects and future programs)
Able to interact, coordinate, and present with all internal and external customers
Capability to assume additional responsibilities
Must possess good leadership skills.
Ability to handle complex engineering programs involving different groups.
For additional details and other vacancies, interested applicants are directed to visit www.smi.com.ph. Résumé and application letter may also be sent to EGariando@smi.com.ph indicating the position title.
Closing date is 26 February 2019.