Based in Tampakan, this is a 12-month project engagement to facilitate the field implementation of land acquisition activities within Phase 1 area required for mining operations, infrastructure, and resettlement; and will also serve as field coordinator and interpreter between IPs and the company in all matters regarding land acquisition.
1. Sustainable Development Practices – Ensure effective use of the Project’s safety and environment-friendly standards and systems within the work area of responsibility to positively contribute to nurturing the organization’s sustainable development culture.
2. Land Acquisition - Facilitate and help in the implementation of all land acquisition activities within the Phase 1 area required for mining operations, infrastructures and resettlement, specifically:
Locate and validate landowners’ claims based on the 2010 Parcellary Survey
Conduct liaison activities like coordination, filing and submission of reports/letters or memoranda to concerned stakeholders in relation to land acquisition
Effectively organize and facilitate engagement activities with various stakeholders to support the development and sustenance of productive platforms for negotiations and land acquisition agreements
Ensure timely and effective feedback is provided to relevant personnel to ensure blockages or impediments are appropriately addressed and potential delays are mitigated
3. Compliance - Ensure that land acquisition within the ancestral domain is conducted in accordance with the FPIC rules and guidelines, specifically the Memorandum of Agreement with the IPs.
4. Cost Management and Accountability - Ensure prudent and judicious use of the company’s resources without compromising the delivery of quality products and output in the most effective and efficient way.
5. Internal Legal Support - Provide internal legal support services based on the mandate of the Legal and Compliance Department.
Any Bachelor’s degree with 3 - 5 years working experience in land acquisition activities in real estate and land development, private surveying, government land management bureaus or related agencies, or private service or utility companies involved in major infrastructure facilities
For additional details and other vacancies, interested applicants are directed to visit www.smi.com.ph. Résumé and application letter may also be sent to email@example.com indicating the position title.
Closing date is 28 February 2021.