Based in Manila office, the role of the Contracts Officer is to support the Administration Superintendent in managing contracts processes particularly in the area of contracts formation and management.
1. Sustainable Development Practices – Adherence to the company SD policies, procedures, and standards.
2. Contracts Formation – Development of standard commercial-related contracts template and consequent preparation, drafting and amendment of said documents while ensuring the contractual terms and engagements are in compliance with the law and company policies.
3. Services Provider Selection – Responsible for the timely solicitation of bids and quotes and preparation of contracts and vendor selection.
4. Contracts Administration – Responsible for the pre-award, execution and post-award contract activities. Shall be the lead resource person within the company in all matters relating to commercial contracts.
5. Strategic Initiatives – Assist, develop and execute procurement and contracts management plans to ensure efficient and effective management of the organization’s procurement and contracts process and requirements, including development or revision of contracts systems, policies, manuals and procedures to ensure it remains relevant and fit for purpose.
A graduate of Bachelor of Laws. A member of good standing of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines is desirable but not required.
Three (3) years of experience related to preparation of commercial agreements for the procurement of goods and services preferably in mining or resource extraction industry.
Proficient in contracts preparation
Strong negotiation skills
Proficient in operating MS Office applications
Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly English
Resume and application letter may also be sent to EGariando@smi.com.ph indicating the position title in the subject line. Closing date is 26 February 2019.