This role is tasked to manage the Geotechnical Program within the FMA for the development and operation of the Tampakan Copper-Gold Project, including geotechnical drilling, technical studies, interfacing with the community in conjunction with the Land Access Superintendent and ensure all activities are compliant with the Environmental Management System (EMS) and consistent with the Company’s business plan.
1. Sustainable Development Practices – Provide leadership within own area of responsibility through the effective use of the SD, Safety and environmental standards and systems. Ensure Geology programs are implemented consistent with the Company’s Environmental Management System (ISO 14001:2015). Assume the role of SD committee member.
2. Manage Geology Program for the Development and Operations of the Tampakan Project - Subject to Business Plan and Management approval, other Geology Programs may be undertaken for the development and operations of the Tampakan Project. This will include geotechnical drilling, and participation in early works for the design of technical works, and the search for limestone deposits.
3. Provide Technical Assistance to other SMI Management – When requested, provide technical assistance to SMI management, including but not limited to Tenement management, maintenance and acquisition, mineral resource management, geological data evaluation, and others.
4. Cost Management - Ensure cost management of activities are within budget framework and compliant with the Company’s business plan.\
· Licensed Geologist
· Not less than 10 years’ experience in mineral exploration and 5 years’ experience in resource evaluation and estimation; and mineral resource development and mining
· Competent Person under the Philippine Mineral Reporting Code (PMRC)
· Experienced in managing GIS operations
For additional details and other vacancies, interested applicants are directed to visit www.smi.com.ph. Resume and aplication letter may also be sent to LZerna@smi.com.ph indicating the position title. Closing date is 31 July 2018.