CONTRACTS AND PROCUREMENT OFFICER
To be based in General Santos City, the role is to support the Administration Superintendent in managing contracts and procurement processes particularly in the area of contracts formation and management, goods and services provider development and management, strategic commercial initiatives and other administrative requirements.
1. Sustainable Development Practices – Adherence to the company SD policies, procedures, and standards.
2. Contracts Formation – Development of standard commercial-related contracts template and consequent preparation, drafting and amendment of said documents while ensuring the contractual terms and engagements are in compliance with the law and company policies.
3. Services Provider Selection – Responsible for the timely solicitation of bids and quotes and preparation of cost effective procurement, contracts and quality vendor selection.
4. Contracts Administration – Responsible for the pre-award and post-award contact activities. Shall be the lead resource person within the company in all matters relating to commercial contracts.
5. Suppliers and Contractors Development and Management – Develop and maintain a diverse portfolio of goods and services providers and ensure that a positive and functioning contractual relationship is maintained.
6. Strategic Initiatives – Assist in the development and execution of procurement and contracts management plan to ensure efficient and effective management of the organization’s procurement and contracts process and requirements, including development or revision of contracts systems and procedures to ensure it remains relevant and fit for purpose.
Any bachelor’s degree in commerce or law (best if member of the Integrated Bar of the Philippines)
Three (3) years of experience related to preparation of commercial agreements for the procurement of goods and services preferably in mining or resource extraction industry.
Proficient in contracts preparation
Strong negotiation skills
Proficient in operating MS Office applications
Excellent oral and written communication skills, particularly English
Send your resume and application letter to LZerna@smi.com.ph. Closing date is 31 August 2017.