SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
The position will ensure that effective and integrated systems in the area of Environment, Safety and Health are in place to support SMI’s overall operations as it transition from pre-development phase to construction / operation phase. Focus will be on Environmental Management System and Safety and Health management system.
Key responsibilities :
1. Sustainable Development Practices - Provide direct and visible leadership within own area of responsibility through the effective use of the project’s sustainability standards and systems and demonstrate compliance with the Company’s Sustainability policies, procedures and standards in all work activities. Ensure that reporting requirements, internal or statutory, are met on time with regards to incidents and accident.
2. Safety and Health - Ensure adherence to Safety and Health policies and procedures to achieve targets that are set internally. Provide support to the Safety Supervisor in the area of Safety and Health Operations.
3. Security - Ensure adherence to Security policies, standards and procedures.
4. Environment - Provide support to relevant personnel to ensure that data is provided as part of SMI’s compliance to regulatory requirements.
5. Information Management System – Ensure that full support is provided in the implementation of the Information Management System.
6. Monitoring and Reporting – Direct and provide oversight for programs which monitor leading and lagging indicators of the company’s environmental, safety and health performance in mitigating environmental, safety and health risks. Ensure data recording, analysis and reporting with a focus on continuous improvement of risk control programs.
7. Planning / Technical – Support the Environmental Superintendent in the development, implementation and maintenance of simple, sustainable and integrated environmental, safety and health management systems through risk-based assessment and cross-sectional workforce participation / ownership. Provide high level advice and support to SMI personnel on legal and technical issues and support technical team objectives. Work with SMI teams and others on environmental management issues and related infrastructure projects to provide technical information, guidance, and recommendations.
Degree or equivalent in a science or engineering discipline with subjects including chemistry, Math, Physics and Environmental Management.
At least two (2) years of experience in setting up management systems particularly environment, safety and health in a mining company or industry with ISO certification
Familiar with the implementation of Safety, Health and Environment Programs
Above average communication and presentation skills
Send your resume and application letter to LZerna@smi.com.ph. Closing date is 30 October 2017.